Game Development Resources - Part 4: 2d Content
I haven't done any game development for a long time. However, I still stumble regularly upon great resources for game graphics; free and paid. So, I decided to curate a collection here on my blog.
- OpenGameArt free or open source - mixed quality but you can fine some good gems like the asset by kenny
- Kenny Great assets, vector style for various 2d games. it's free but you should support him and buy an asset pack.
- Platformer Game Kits
- Art by fikri $, vector style, many different sets for platformers, sidescrollers and more , i.e. Rude Races or Side Scroll Character Vol 5 or Light Adventure Game
- Art by bevouliin $, vector style for platformers, sidescrollers and more, i.e. 18 Gothic Creatures Sprite Sheets
- Art by canvaskite $, vector style backgrounds for various themes, i.e. 2d Chinese Game Backgrounds
- Spaceship Game Assets $
- Racing Game Creation Kit $
- Characters by pasilan $, vector, i.e. Samurai or Stone Giants
- Nutmageddon Game Kit $, complete game kit, same artist also has more, i.e. Mud race or Horror Story
- Mobile Platform Game Kit 01 $, same artist has more game or ui kits
- Game Backgrounds Set $, beautiful backgrounds
- Asteroids Game Pack $
- Game Assets for Asteroids Crusher $
- Shark Game Assets $
- Art by pzUH $, an abundance of high quality characters, game sets, background and UI kits.
- GameArt Partners free, but mostly $ , many characters, backgrounds, Ui kits by various artists. I think it's best to either buy a bundle or use the yearly subscription and have access to the whole library.
- Maesai tiles vector graphics $
- Game assets on itch.io free and $, many different styles and quality. I know it is not 2d but I love low poly trees or her style
- OpenPixels free, Pixel characters and a few tilesets. I created a character editor for it several years ago.
- Gamelves free, complete kits for specific game types.
- Art-packs by BrashMonkey $, various art-packs brought to you by the creators of Spriter
- Valiantgraphics $, yeah, fiverr can be hit or miss. I've used those guys for another job and they did deliver quality work. You can buy individual graphics or your full game assets starting at $350 - might be worth it.
For the art on themeforest/graphicsriver I curate a collection there too. Not everything on it found the way to this page.
What are your favorites you want to share?
comments powered by Disqus