17.02.2011 by azarai in imago
For my cv i maintain a list of all projects i worked on to give a bit more information than a typical german cv does. Each project entry contains a name and description, what my job and role was and which technology was mainly used and when it was. I used OpenOffice several years for this task, but was never quite lucky with it as i always had to fix the layout after i added a new entry… But this time it bothered me once too often, so i had to code something :-)
I just updated pySVG to 0.2.1.
Some time ago i was browsing for 2d sprites again and somehow run accross a nice collection called Openpixels. It’s a set of pixelart characters in classic rpg orientation provided in gimp format, with all stuff in its own layer, so you can create alot of different characters. Even i am not a fan of pixelart, i felt in love with them and the urge to make an editor for them. Yeah and last friday i spend my spare time creating an online editor for them called Openpixels Character Editor. Go check it out and if your interested in the development, come back :-)
I use diigo as my bookmarking service and specially their list feature for collecting links of a research topic. Occasionally i need to export a list as markdown syntax. Luckily they got an api and theres also a python modul for it. So some minutes later this snippet was born:
Way to many (possible and/or optional) parameters for a class? Here is a 5 second tip for all those old style Java-type-programmers…
I listen to web radios aka music streams alot and usually do not really care how the players work. But recently i got somehow curious about how to play a mp3 stream with python. And it should run on my windows box. That made my search a bit difficult. But i found a solution, the GStreamer lib. It has python bindings and windows builds, hurray. But actually it didn’t look like it would be a simple 1 minute installation and it wasn’t. To save you the time, i wrote this summary of my installation.
Some month ago i wrote about the mochiads api and introduced my python mochi lib for working with some aspects of the moch ads api. I did also mention i was writing something, and tada was a game portal for flash games. After some hacking time i opened up my own flash game protal, sumosaru.com and forgot it til today :-) And now i’ll share the code with you.
If you are a user of Imago you might already noticed that there hasn’t been a new release for some month now. Frankly i do not spend much time improving it, neither do i really have the motivation. On the other site i’ve been thinking for while what i should do with Imago. Now i found a solution i feel comfortable with and you my fellow users are involved.
Coded as described in the Construction section (square based part) in Wikipedia. SVG export requires pySVG.