For my cv i maintain a list of all projects i worked on to give a bit more information than a typical german cv does. Each project entry contains a name and description, what my job and role was and which technology was mainly used and when it was. I used OpenOffice several years for this task, but was never quite lucky with it as i always had to fix the layout after i added a new entry… But this time it bothered me once too often, so i had to code something :-)
I just updated pySVG to 0.2.1.
Some time ago i was browsing for 2d sprites again and somehow run accross a nice collection called Openpixels. It’s a set of pixelart characters in classic rpg orientation provided in gimp format, with all stuff in its own layer, so you can create alot of different characters. Even i am not a fan of pixelart, i felt in love with them and the urge to make an editor for them. Yeah and last friday i spend my spare time creating an online editor for them called Openpixels Character Editor. Go check it out and if your interested in the development, come back :-)
I use diigo as my bookmarking service and specially their list feature for collecting links of a research topic. Occasionally i need to export a list as markdown syntax. Luckily they got an api and theres also a python modul for it. So some minutes later this snippet was born:
Way to many (possible and/or optional) parameters for a class? Here is a 5 second tip for all those old style Java-type-programmers…
I listen to web radios aka music streams alot and usually do not really care how the players work. But recently i got somehow curious about how to play a mp3 stream with python. And it should run on my windows box. That made my search a bit difficult. But i found a solution, the GStreamer lib. It has python bindings and windows builds, hurray. But actually it didn’t look like it would be a simple 1 minute installation and it wasn’t. To save you the time, i wrote this summary of my installation.
Some month ago i wrote about the mochiads api and introduced my python mochi lib for working with some aspects of the moch ads api. I did also mention i was writing something, and tada was a game portal for flash games. After some hacking time i opened up my own flash game protal, sumosaru.com and forgot it til today :-) And now i’ll share the code with you.
If you are a user of Imago you might already noticed that there hasn’t been a new release for some month now. Frankly i do not spend much time improving it, neither do i really have the motivation. On the other site i’ve been thinking for while what i should do with Imago. Now i found a solution i feel comfortable with and you my fellow users are involved.
Coded as described in the Construction section (square based part) in Wikipedia. SVG export requires pySVG.
Occationally Stumple Upon gives me nice pages that i didn’t know anything about before.